Can it be? 9 months old today, my sweet getting-bigger-every-day Critter Girl. It is hard to believe.
This has been an eventful month, maybe the most eventful in your little life so far. You are just growing and blossoming into such a happy, good-natured little girl.
Crawling! Finally, you move. I was seriously thinking I'd be taking you to college with you still lying and rolling on your playmat. But no, you began crawling this month. You are still mostly army crawling, keeping close to the ground. But you do get up on your knees too, it is hard to describe the less-than-graceful (but still functional) way you get around these days.
Finger foods! You love to feed yourself finger foods. And you fully appreciate the wonderful world of puffs. You know the word "puffs" and get very excited when I offer you puffs. But you eat other finger foods too, favorites being shredded cheddar and mango. I've given you large chunks of mango, that I hold on one end, and you take little bites of it with your little teeth. You are very good with those teeth. Which brings us to...
Teeth! You took a break from teething for a few months, after those two super-cute bottoms ones came in, but have made up for it this month. Your top two front teeth came in, and surprisingly, they came in without a ton of fussiness from you. Sure, much more drooling, and the chewing! But you slept well throughout, so Mommy is happy. You also have gotten the two teeth next to those top ones peeking through. So four new teeth in the span of 3 weeks! Good job Critter!! Still not sure why the come in twos, but we have stayed with that pattern for all your teeth so far.
Kissing! You have become a kissing machine! In addition to kissing Mommy and Daddy (which is the most awesome thing in the whole entire world, hands down. Ever.) you now kiss your favorite book friends. And some of your toys (with Mrs. Sock-t-pus being the top of the heap). And you also kissed another baby we had a playdate with, which melted everyone's heart. You are so sweet.
You continue to change and grow into such a happy, sweet girl, my baby. I love you so very much. Happy 9 months!
Making Bets
1 week ago
Happy Nine Months Critter!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for kisses - it sounds divine!
Aw, so sweet! :) I can't believe she has so many teeth! Davie has NO teeth, but she has started "kisses," too, which is the most awesome thing, EVER! (even though they involve a whole lotta slobber)
ReplyDeleteHappy Nine Months, Critter Girl! :)