Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Going back

With the Critter successfully surviving her first year, and me surviving it too, Mr. P and I have had the talk. You know the talk. The number 2 talk. And we ain't talking poo.

As I'm sure you all recall with perfect clarity, because my reproductive health is always the first thought on your mind ("I wonder if Pie is ovulating today" you say as you roll out of bed. No? Not really? Huh.), we have 3 frozen euploid blasts chillaxing in the deep freeze at the far away clinic. We did our family planning on the front end, cycling extra times when I was younger so we could bank some pretty blasts. I age, they don't.

So when dear old Auntie Flo came to visit this week, I made the call. I had been in touch with my nurse at the far away clinic a month or so ago, just to reconnect and ask what I needed to do to get the ball rolling again. Noncommittal, just info gathering. But this call was real. I set up an appointment to go back to the far away clinic.

It is really happening again. I'm on the books for February 10 to go back for a FET one-day workup.

WOW.

I'm not looking forward to injecting myself with all sorts of crazy-making hormones again (ugh, including 2 months of depot loopyron, ugh ugh ugh) but a girl does what she has to do I guess, right? It seems like eons ago that I had needles in the house. It was such a non-event for so long, I was so used to injecting myself - but now I'm feeling apprehensive about it. It's like I'm a newbie all over again.

Well, fasten your seatbelts, because here we go again. The roller coaster is leaving the platform.

11 comments:

  1. Aw, yay Pie! I mean, not yay to the injections, but it is VERY exciting that Critter Girl can be a big sister and hopefully, very soon! Wishing you all the best in the whole wide world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Pie, I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Wishing you an expeditious BFP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting news! It seems so strange to me that so many of my online friends are going back for seconds already, but I would be lying if I said I hadn't started thinking about it too...
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting news! It seems so strange to me that so many of my online friends are already headed back for number 2, but then I'd be lying if I said I hadn't started thinking the same thing!
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. exciting!!! GOOD LUCK! I so hope this first time around does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read your post title and thought 'oh she's going back to work'--ha! Good luck and hope the FET goes swimmingly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping it all goes exactly the way you want it to :) Maybe, if you use all your blasts.... you'll get a "Critter-Litter".... sorry... couldn't resist !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exciting news and exciting times!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited for you guys! We're on the #2 train, too. It's been a rough journey so far, but we're still hoping for the best! Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!

    ReplyDelete