Monday, December 7, 2009

Back to snow

I'm back, somewhat unwillingly. We had a great vacation. It was seamless - no delayed flights, luggage all showed up, lovely room. We mostly hung out by the pool or beach, being brought drinks and snacks all day. So nice. We also took a boat trip to snorkel and swim, which was also much fun. And I even kept up my workout schedule! Other than missing my cat, I did not want to return. To snow this morning, and more to come later this week. Bah.

I have to say, I did not think at all about IF the whole week. On the flight home, Mr. P asked me about the upcoming schedule, and I wasn't sure. Can you believe it?? I am not really sure when AF is expected. It has been YEARS since I don't know by heart all the details of my cycle.

It's nice. I'm gonna keep it going, and have AF's arrival be a surprise this month. I'm keeping with the idea of living my life, and not letting IF take over everything again. I think as an IF veteran at this point, I need to have distance from some of this obsessing. Which I certainly was doing for awhile there. As I start to cycle again in January, I'm sure it will ramp up again, but for now, I'm hanging back. Living my life.

14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a nice relaxing vacation. Sitting out by the pool sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're living your life on your own terms, and super glad you had a good vacation. Sometimes, a change of scenery can bring about the nicest change of brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! It's nice NOT to think about AF all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Glad you had a nice relaxing trip--it sounds truly divine. (must convine my DH that spending a little money for some healing is a good idea!). I think there are nothing but good things in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vacation sounds awesome. I am totally envious. Just thinking about it relaxes me.

    Hooray on losing track of the chart this month! Those months are the best during IF (aside from a BFP, of course). I hope you are able to completely relax from it until Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in the same space as you right now. I have no idea what CD it is, when ovulation was or when AF is due. I need time to get my head out of the IF space and just be normal again, whatever that is?? I'm sure the TTC obsession will creep back again but for now... it's all about distractions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds terrific, and I am glad you relaxed and got off of the cycle tracking for a bit. I hope this relaxation continues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The vacation sounded great! Glad you had a good time. It feels really good when you set the IF to the side for awhile, it is exactly what is needed. That's what I am doing right now, too, and I feel better than I have in months.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! Glad you had such a good time. We're off to a sunny isle in 14 days - Just a quick trip, but much needed. Sounds like yours was too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you had a great vacation!
    I have no idea what CD I am on, it's liberating.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back! I'm glad you had a nice trip and it's great that you didn't even think about IF. The relaxing sure can't hurt things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work ... how lovely to get away and forget it all for a while. I'll send my dad over form Australia to shovel snow for you if you like? He finds it a buzz and we never get snow in oz.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stopping by to see if you are ok...would love a new post just to know that you are doing ok. If you are reading and not posting...I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and the Happiest of New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Holidays, Pie! Hope you are well and still in the land of forgetting! ;-)
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete