Sunday, March 11, 2012

14 months

14 months and 1 day! Mama's still not 100% well, so a day late is not too bad I guess.

Walking! At 13 months and 3 days, you took your first steps. And now at 14 months and a day, you are very proficient. You now prefer walking to crawling, and can stand up from a squat very easily. It is amazing to think in the span of a month you went from no walking to very good walker. So fast! I bought you cute pink sneakers, and we've been to the park a few times. You were so surprised to be allowed to walk around the park on your own. And you were also surprised by these things on your feet - you walked liked you had concrete blocks on your feet at first. Now you are officially a toddler!

No more bottles! We gave up bottles this month, and you don't seem to miss them at all. You love water from your sippy cup, but not milk. It took a while to figure it out, but you will happily drink milk from a straw. So we have some straw sippy cups, as well as just having you drink from a normal cup with a big-person straw (with supervision of course!). I also sneak a little milk in your morning oatmeal, so no worries that you aren't getting enough calcium. That, and you eat cheese by the bucketful.

Chatty! You talk all the time. I'll admit, I was not great about teaching you signing and you weren't into watching the Rachel videos, although you have picked up "more" and "all done" signs. You point a lot to get your wishes understood, and you have many spoken words that I can understand. You seem happy that I understand you most of the time, so I haven't seen you frustrated to be understood yet. Knock on wood.

Remotes! You are obsessed with remote controls. You love them. You fully understand that a specific remote controls a specific thing, and you love nothing more than to push the button and look to see its effect. Your favorite remote is the radio in your room. I had to replace the batteries in that remote because you wore them out changing the radio stations and turning the CD player on and off.

Happy 14 months, my sweet toddler Critter Girl. Mama loves you so very much.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't want this post to end. Your little Critter girl sounds amazing! And it sounds like you might have a techie on your hands...that's awesome! I can't believe she is 14 months old...my how the time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy 14 months! sounds like she is growing and changing ever day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe she is walking already! It seems like only yesterday she came into this world. Hoping you are feeling better soon and get the chance to enjoy some of the beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete