Thursday, May 31, 2012

Back in the saddle again

It's on!

I have officially injected myself with fancy-pharmacy lupron - twice! And I have sticky goo tummy courtesy of my first estrogen patch! We are moving forward, peoples!

I slept like a rock last night, thank you very much, sweet lovely estrogen. Not a hot flash at all today. Hooray and hallelujah I survived the depot loopyron hell. Fingers and toes crossed for the last time in my life, please please please.

And injecting myself daily - granted with the little baby lupron needles in my well-padded tummy fat, but still- I tell ya, it's like riding a bike. Like I never was away. I do it first thing in the morning, before I get the Critter out of her crib. She was chatting away in there this morning, so I'm drawing up meds as she rambles on the monitor. Such a funny, odd place to be - injecting myself while listening to my daughter. Weird.

I continue with acu, and today I had the Mayan massage, where she spent a lot of time working on my tummy, low back, hips. It was heavenly. Although at one point she was massaging around my c-section scar, and there was like a sharp pain/popping sort of feeling which made me jump. It stopped as soon as it started, and she said it was likely some scar tissue loosening or breaking up. Interesting. And I fell asleep during acu, the electo-stim kind! Yeah, I was relaxed after that massage, only to be woken up by the sound of my own snoring. Ha!

So only a few weeks til the FET. I'm still surprised it is already here. All appendages will stay crossed until well after beta. OMG, a 2ww. Or 9 day wait. Whatever. Gotta toughen up for that.

5 comments:

  1. I think it's lovely to give yourself shots while listening to your baby girl chat....not that you needed extra motivation to do all of this but there it is, right? We will all be crossing everything for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the best and sending you good vibes, rainbows and sunshine that this is all worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm keeping everything crossed for you and hoping this IS your last time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I also have everything crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must seem surreal, giving yourself shots while listening to the Critter-girl. I can't even imagine it! It sounds like you are in a nice, relaxed place too. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete