Nothing at all is going on. IF-wise, at least. Done with this month's visitor, and now just waiting til she comes again next month.
Twiddling my thumbs over here.
Not really though. Amazing and hard to believe as it may sound, I have rediscovered my life outside of IF. Well, a little. I'm back to the gym 4 times each week. It feels so good, and although I do not believe in scales, my IVF-weight-gain clothes are feeling looser.
And I'm planning, plotting, preparing for Thanksgiving. We'll be a small group, but it still keeps me busy, thinking about how to tweak the stuffing or brine the bird. It's fun. Even got my knives sharpened. Now, if I only had a nice kitchen like TeeJay will soon have, then I'd really be in culinary heaven.
So that's it. Not much going on, IF-wise. Lots going on, life-wise. I'm still keeping up with all the blogs on my sidebar and in my Reader. Hoping for many happy holidays for all of you!
Consumption 20
1 day ago
Awww, thanks! You are too sweet. And I'm glad you got nothing going on IF-wise. Sometimes we forget that life does not completely have to be about TTC. And what better distraction than trying to figure out the logistics of feeding people (a group of however many) on Thanksgiving. It's like a wedding...so much planning and prepping and then it's all over in a couple of hours. But it's always worth it...plan away and enjoy the gym (that's an oxymoron isn't it?) and get yourself feeling good again. You deserve it.
ReplyDeleteYou can focus all your IF energies towards me :) Just kidding--it is NICE to realize there is a life outside of IF. A long time ago, on our old blog, hubs and I made a video of all the things we had done during the midst of IVF treatments. It was actually pretty good to see we had kept on living. It's a hard balance to strike sometimes.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Thanksgiving prep--and the IF break!
It's nice to have a distraction from IF! Happy Holiday!
ReplyDeleteMadam, you have written a falsehood and I will most vehemently disagree that you have "Not much going on IF-wise". You have those perfect little frozen blasties on the near horizon waiting for you. Now just enjoy your holidays and working out! You did a fab job in the last cylce and deserve a break. :-D
ReplyDeleteGlad you are keeping busy. I hear you on the exercise front - nice to know that my body can work. Any good recipes planned for the holiday?
ReplyDeleteHappy holidays to you, too, Pie!
ReplyDelete"tweaking the stuffing" Nice work profressor. Is that an IVF term?
ReplyDeleteIsn't it a great feeling not thinking about IF for just a little while?
ReplyDeleteAnd hmm, guess I should be prepping for Thanksgiving too...oops :)