Thursday, November 12, 2009

Travel Plans

AF arrived last night, late as she can sometimes be. Has anyone else noticed that the cycle after the IVF cycle (so ER, AF 2 weeks later, then this next cycle) is always messed up? I'm always late, I was last time too, in June. Hmmm...a trend?

Anyway, in addition to her visit, Mr. P and I are making travel and holiday plans. I talked a while back, after finding out that we were not cycling in November/December, that I might tag along with Mr. P on a business trip to London. Well, plans change. After his last trip halfway around the world, working 20 hour days the whole time, and returning with some wicked jet lag, he is not taking this next business trip. What the poor guy needs is a vacation. Heck, after all the drama (both good and bad) over the last 8 months, so could I. So we are taking a trip to Mexico right after Thanksgiving. Yay!

I will cook my heart out for Turkey Day, then relax on a beach for a week to recover. Sounds good to me!

We also worked it out with our families so that we don't have to travel to the East Coast at all these next few months! Hurrah! Mr. P's family live in the same city as we do, so we usually stay in town for either Thanksgiving or Xmas. But my family is all back East, and usually go back for one holiday to see them. But I think they are finally getting the picture that both me & Mr. P and my brother and SIL have a lot on our plates right now. So my mom is coming for Xmas, and my dad and stepmom for New Years. Yay, no travel home for me!

I feel like all the stars are finally aligning for me. After many years of waiting on them. I just hope this good karma follows me into the New Year, through the next (and hopefully last!!) stim cycle, beta 3 integrin treatment, and finally through FET.

C'mon, karma, I'm putting it out there! Work with me, work with me!!

14 comments:

  1. Yes! Work with her, work with her! Hoping that all stars align and good karma abounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relaxing on a beach sounds awesome. I'm so glad everything aligned right so you guys could have a relaxing holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, Mexico sounds wonderful! And it's great you get a break from traveling to see family for a while. I often feel like B & I use our vacation time for family commitments (his parents live in NYC, Boston, New Mexico). I so appreciate when they come to see us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My AF following IVF and the next cycle is not late, but my ovulation always is, so that makes my cycle longer. You'd have to chart though to know if it's ovulation or AF that's late. It takes me a few months before I'm ovulating back on schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great plan for the holidays and post season. Have fun in Mexico on the beach, take lots of pics so we can sit in the dark and the rain and be terribly jealous! :-) I vote that we start the Karma train boogie. You get at the head of the line, and I'll grab your back...like a conga!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow going to the beach right after turkey day is a perfect idea!! Can your hubby call my hubby and put a bug in his ear?... Well you guys deserve this and hopefully Karma will get her butt in gear and work with you on this next cycle!! Good luck Chickie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for travel plans and then for no travel plans. :-) Holidays are tough when it comes to travel and trying to see everyone's family. Glad you have it worked out because you don't need any additional stress. Let's go Karma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That'll be so nice! I'm happy for you that you guys will get a nice relaxing vacation! It's soon too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mexico after thanksgiving sounds amazing! You guys deserve a little R&R and some good karma.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Si, Senorita! Sounds like a perfect plan! Recharge your batteries with sun, sand and margaritas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like things did align just perfectly for the next couple of months. Yay! Here's to more aligning of the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trips are AWESOME! We *almost* planned a trip over the holidays just in case we get bad news..and if we do I'm hoping there is still time (and money) to plan such a trip.ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great news all round. Just got a txt messgae from karma and was told that you have a reservation on the karma priority VIP list through 2010. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your support last week! Gosh...Mexico sounds awesome! Have a great holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete