Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cetr.otide is Poop.

Yeah, I'm not a fan. I get a huge welt at the injection site and it sort of burns/itches for like an hour after. It all fades away a few hours later, but still. Not fun.

And it is one of those powder-you-have-to-mix-yourself sort of med, and it seems like it takes forever to dissolve. And of course you can't shake it to speed it up, oh no, then you get air bubbles.

And it has to be refrigerated, which is just a small hassle, but given everything else, it has become a very heavy straw, and my back is bending.

Me no likey.

7 comments:

  1. Ugh...I'm sorry you are having a tough time with this new med. It really is amazing what we put ourselves through to do something that comes so easily to others. Hang in there...as you know it's all for the greater good. Why else would we do these things to ourseves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! Sounds terrible. Sounds a little like the Bravelle I used and disliked immensely. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, me no likey either, and to top it off, danged shit didn't even work as an antagonist for me, but I'm just a freak. MrBeep found that for powders gently rotating the vial back and forth helped dissolve without producing bubbles. I know it sucks, but keep on it kiddo. Hoping the time flashes by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, that sounds icky. Sorry...hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. That is just the kind of small-stuff-adds-up-to-big-stuff nonsense that ends up being the final straw for me too. I hope you have good response to it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took that stuff on my third IVF. Ugh.
    But you are so.close.to.the.rockies :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh, I remember having to mix the cetrotide, its so fidly (but aren't you pleased you don't have to use that HUGE mixing needle to inject yourself with? Ouch!). My nurse told me to swirl the vial gently, like you are gently stiring sugar into a cup of tea and it will disolve without forming bubbles. Whatever, it still is horrible stuff. But the shorter cycles are so fabulous in the fact that you have less needles to deal with, you'll be at ER before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete