The wedding was lots and lots of fun. We went to the rehearsal dinner Friday night. It was a big dinner - over 40 people! - and the bride looked, ummm...large in her outfit. Everyone was speculating - or outright declaring - that she was pregnant. I'm not sure if the bride or groom knew the extent of the talk, but pretty much everyone knew. Oddly enough, she looked less pregnant in her wedding dress. Which I found out was a different dress than the Vera she originally purchased months ago. She looked lovely - and not too pregnant. Maybe a little. But not as bad as the night before. It's funny how a wardrobe choice can flatter a figure - or not. Those "What Not to Wear" folks are right - you need to consider your body shape when dressing. Same body - and she looked very different across 2 nights. So they are married now, both seemed happy about it, and I'm glad for them.
On a totally different topic, my mom lives in the mid-Atlantic, and has been pounded by the recent storm. As of last night, she still did not have power, which means no heat. I've been checking on her by phone every day, but it is hard to be so far away and unable to help. They did have their street plowed yesterday, so I hope she got out and to somewhere warm. She didn't answer the phone this morning, so I hope she is out and ok. The answering machine didn't pick up, so I fear she still does not have power. And another storm is on the way. Sigh, it's nerve-wracking.
And I took my depot loopy-ron shot. It's a weird injection - it comes in a large syringe with the powder and dilutant all in the syringe - and you have to mix it. It's different from any other shot I've done. And I feel like somewhat of an injection expert! Anyway, I stuck that thing in my tush. Hurt a little, and it is still a touch sore. But so far, no side effects. I know, it will take a week or two, so I am enjoying feeling cold and sleeping well for now.
I also scheduled my fibroid surgery for March 10th, and got my tentative FET schedule. The big date (as of now at least) is April 30. Fingers crossed.
Thoughts on Enshittification
1 day ago
Sooooo excited for your big date!!! Yahoo!
ReplyDeleteGlad the wedding went well, and you're sleeping well and taking the injections in stride (I need to take notes from you!).
I do hope your Mom is doing okay - please let us know when you hear from her.
Love,
Maddy
I hope you hear from your mom soon to know she is safe and put your mind at ease.
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had a great time at the wedding! Hope your mom is alight & the Lupron doesn't make you feel too crazy:)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had fun at the wedding. Good for you! Sounds like things are moving forward for you. April 30, huh? I'm thinking my own FET could be around that same time! My mom lives in Va. so I understand about the snow. The other day she wasn't answering the phone and I knew she should have been home, so for a brief time I decided she was in the ER with a broken hip from slipping on the ice. Of course she was not. Hope all is okay with your mom!
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping your mom's okay. I'm sure she got out, but the snow is unbelievable! NY got pounded today too.
ReplyDeleteApril 30 is a great day! It's my birthday as well as Isiah Thomas' (former Detroit Piston and former coach of the Knicks). Fun fact about me is that I thought we would get married - despite the many years difference in our ages & his marriage!
Anyway, enough rambling. I'm excited you have a date on the calendar!