The birthday went ok - thank you for all of the kind words and birthday wishes. I luvs you guys!! I was really a mess on Monday, which I fully blame on the hormones/PMS after IVF. Which is awful. I really hate the pre- and actual AF after IVF. It seems far worse than the average AF visit. I was so weepy on Monday, but now feel totally better, emotionally. Sigh, this roller coaster never ends.
So AF is here, which means I will begin my depot loopy-ron treatment soon. I thought it was supposed to start today, and a nurse (not my nurse, she was off on the day we emailed) told me to start CD 1, 2, or 3. Thank the somebody I emailed them today before taking the shot, because now my nurse wants me to start on CD 5! Ack! Thank somebody else that I didn't take that shot! I swear, if I were not so pro-active in this process, it would all be in chaos. I have to be my own case manager, no one else seems to be on top of this stuff.
I also schedule the fibroid surgery now. Not looking forward to that, but I will say, my periods have been a lot heavier since the summer when we first saw this thing. It will be nice to have them back to normal again, which supposedly the fibroid removal will help with. I want my ute to be the most hospitable one out there. Ya know, the kind a nice genetically normal blast would like to sub-let for about 9 months?
In other drama, the wedding for my 2 friends that are unexpectedly pregnant is this weekend. I have not seen the woman since New Years, and honestly, I am dying to see her in her wedding dress. Vera Wang at 20 weeks? Cannot wait to see that in action. I know, that is sorta mean of me, but they chose to handle it by keeping it mostly secret from everyone (I'd say about 6 people, including family, know. And the wedding is like 150 people) so I cannot wait to see how this all goes down. And I have a fabulous dress I got on super sale which I think I will rock, so I'm really looking forward to getting all dolled up. It should be a fun wedding, snarky comments and all!
#Microblog Monday 594: Travle
16 hours ago
Well,all I can say about the depot Lupron is, at least no periods. Otherwise, I hope you had a minimal side effect romp with it.
ReplyDeleteHave fun at the wedding!
Yes, PMS is always worse coming off of IVF treatments. I think you are the only one that really knows what's supposed to be going on with your treatment. Good grief. Good for you for looking out for yourself. It's a wonder they can get anyone knocked up there.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun wedding (in an evil way) to go to. The bride trying to hide her pregnancy...that's too much! Have a great time and maybe post a picture of that dress? You can crop your head out of it and just let us see the dress, can't you?? :-)
Hope you have fun at the wedding this weekend & freaking rock that dress! Glad to hear you're feeling a bit stronger emotionally too & way to advocate for yourself, although you're right it's sad that is even necessary.
ReplyDeleteTrying to hide a pregnancy at 20 weeks in a wedding dress??? Ahhhhh, impossible!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy it, you deserve to party!
Meeeeeeyyoooooowwww. My so catty. Have fun at the wedding. ;-) I had a fibroid removed via laproscopic myomectomy a year and a half ago. It delayed us by several years in our TTC journey (first finding out it was a potential problem, then surgery, then recovery. But now the ole ute seems to be doing well (not counting that pesky cervix). If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
ReplyDeleteNothing wrong with a few snarky comments about the preggo bride :)
ReplyDeleteThat's crazy about the mixed messages from the nurses at the far away clinic. They misplaced some of my consents twice in two days -- DH said he hopes they keep better track of our embryos. (I shudder to think.) Glad your birthday was good... Have a great time at that wedding!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I missed your last post, Pie...Happy Belated!...I totally get the what-the-hell-happened feeling, because I have it, too...I'm glad you're looking on the bright side of things - getting gussied up and making snide remarks about an obnoxiously fertile bride sounds like just what the doctor ordered! Drink a glass of champagne for me!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Maddy