Wednesday, February 1, 2012

another year

Today is my birthday. The 10th anniversary of of my 29th birthday. Yikes.

Usually I love my birthday, I'm happy to celebrate my special day. As my practical and maybe slightly morbid mother says, it is better than the alternative. Which is totally true.

But this year, for some reason, I'm just not feeling too celebratory about turning 39. It just sounds so...old. I don't feel 39.

Oh well, another year passes. Really, it was a very good year, and I am thankful for that. And the coming year, well, it could be even better. So rally, Pie. Be happy about 39. Embrace it.

Still doesn't sound convincing, does it? Eh, I'll keep trying.

8 comments:

  1. happy birthday, pie!!!!!!! another year older = another year wiser :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PIE!!! Wishing you a fabulous and fun filled day...even if you're not feeling it. You deserve the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the happiest of birthdays! Do something special for yourself and give your hubby and the little one big hugs and cuddles and just enjoy the day. This day is all about YOU so soak it up, my friend because if you have anohter critter running around next year you might be so busy that you forget that it's your birthday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I just turned 39 myself and I agree, blah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday!!!! I'm feeling the same way about the later 30's since I am one year short of you...but things could be worse. Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I know what you mean about birthdays. Ever since TTC, they haven't had much meaning. The thought that I'll (finally) be a mom for the next one thrills me, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!!! It's just a number :)

    ReplyDelete