Saturday, February 11, 2012

Smooth sailing

I'm already back, what a fast trip. And thankfully, a very smooth one.

I don't think I can fully describe what a different place the far away clinic feels like this time around. It was such a...not scary...how about emotion-laden place before. So many highs and lows there. So many hormonally charged things happened there.

But this time, it was like going to a happy reunion. It was nice to see Dr. Famous, who was in classic Dr. Famous form. I did get him to laugh at my joke about making sure he put the next one in right side up after we discussed the Critter being breech. A little RE humor for him. It was nice to see my nurse again, she is just the same, like time stood still. Same receptionists, same chatty u/s tech and blood draw lady. And they were all happy to see me, a success story. Everyone asked about the Critter.

It was as smooth a visit as I could of hoped for. I had been nervous about fibroids again, wondering if they came back and if I'd need another removal before the FET. And there was something small showing up on u/s, but Dr. Famous didn't see anything in my ute cavity on hysteroscopy - so no surgery for me! Hooray! My c-section has healed well and should not be an issue either.

And that's another smooth thing - the hysteroscopy hurt pretty bad last time, I remember being in pain/crampy afterwards for a few days. This time - nothing! Seriously, I heard the machine turn on, but thought he hadn't inserted the tube yet - and then it was over. I couldn't believe it. Getting the damn spectulum in was the worst part. Again, that Dr. Famous, he sure does know his way around a cervix.

And irony of all irony - my AFC was maybe the best its ever been. 14 counted (with maybe a few more hanging around that were smaller), 7 on each side with a nice lead follie on the right. Sigh, why couldn't they be like that before?? Oh well, I'm done with you stupid ovaries. Too late for you.

So I am good to go. Mr. P and I need to decide if we are going to do a June or July transfer, and I get started on the evil Depot loopyron 3 months before the transfer date. That's it.

Smooth sailing for here on out. That is what I am counting on. What a difference 2 years and a sweet Critter Girls makes.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip! Sorry about the depot lupron it sucketh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so different the second time around!! i'm glad the procedure went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such good news! and so exciting -- june or july???

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay!! so glad it was all good news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing, isn't it, how the second time around so much of the fear and stress is gone? Love that things went so well -- am looking forward to hearing your next steps!

    ReplyDelete