I was hit by an awful tummy bug last Thursday. It was so weird, it came so fast. I was sort of vaguely queasy all day, but functional. Then BAM! Within half an hour, I was sick sick sick. I had to call my MIL to come care for the Critter, I was scared I'd puke on her and/or pass out. Not good, either way. I actually got my neighbor to come watch the Critter while we waited for my MIL to come over. Scary stuff.
And of course this all happened on the one night, the first night Mr. P was out of town for business in like 9 months. Figures.
I'm feeling much better now, and knock on wood and don't jinx me blog, no one else got the blechs. Please, don't let anyone else get it.
I hate that SAHM-job doesn't have a decent sick day policy. I could have used a day off.
Making Bets
5 days ago
Ha! I love your last sentence and was thinking the same thing the other day. After 8 years on the job in tech I had like a month and a half off per year. Now I'm lucky if I can get one bath every 3 days. Hope you feel better soon and I hope that the critter doesn't catch anything.
ReplyDeleteso sorry Pie! that is a really scary thing -- knowing you are too sick to take care of your baby. Yeah! for wonderful neighbors and a MIL.
ReplyDeleteI can handle a cold just about any day of the week but a stomach bug is the worst! So glad you are feeling better and that you were able to get some help. Knocking on wood that everyone stays healthy!
ReplyDeleteNope, no paid time off that's for sure. I don't have it as a parttime worker and so if I'm sick it means losing a day of pay AND paying a nanny to look after the two toddlers... but I still wouldn't trade my set up. Hope you're on the mend and nobody else gets it!
ReplyDeletesorry you were sick, glad you're feeling better.
ReplyDelete